The Data and documentation is copyrighted by Luquillo LTER (LUQ LTER) project of the Department of Environmental Science(1) at the University of Puerto Rico and the International Institute of Tropical Forestry(2), and ownership remains with the LUQ LTER.
Licensee may make derivative works. However, if Licensee distributes any derivative work based on or derived from the data and documentation, then Licensee will:
1. Notify the LUQ LTER designated contact (typically the investigator who collected the data) regarding its distribution of the derivative work,and
2. Clearly notify users that such derivative work is a modified version and not the original data and documentation distributed by the LUQ LTER, and the support of NSF Grants DEB-129764 (2012-2014), DEB-0620910 (2006 to 2012), DEB-0218039 (2002 to 2006), DEB-0080538 (2000 to 2002), DEB-9705814 (1994 to 2000), and/or DEB-9411973 BSR-8811902 (1988 to 1994) in any publications using the data and documentation. See suggested text
3. Send to the addresses below(1) & (2), two reprints of any publications resulting from use of the data and documentation.
Any Licensee wishing to make commercial use of the data and documentation should contact the LUQ LTER, c/o ITES, to negotiate an appropriate license for such commercial use.
Commercial use includes:
- integration of all or part of the data and documentation into a product for sale or license by or on behalf of Licensee to third parties or
- distribution of the data or documentation to third parties that need it to utilize a commercial product sold or licensed by or on behalf of Licensee.
“This research was supported by grants BSR-8811902, DEB 9411973, DEB 0080538, DEB 0218039, DEB 0620910, DEB 0963447 AND DEB-129764 from NSF to the Department of Environmental Science, University of Puerto Rico, and to the International Institute of Tropical Forestry USDA Forest Service, as part of the Luquillo Long-Term Ecological Research Program. The U.S. Forest Service (Dept. of Agriculture) and the University of Puerto Rico gave additional support.”
LUQ LTER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THIS DATA AND DOCUMENTATION FOR ANY PURPOSE. IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY. THE LUQ LTER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED BY THE USERS OF THIS DATA AND DOCUMENTATION.
By using or copying this data and documentation, Licensee agrees to abide by the copyright law and all other applicable laws of the U.S. including, but not limited to, export control laws, and the terms of this license. LUQ LTER shall have the right to terminate this license immediately by written notice upon Licensee's breach of, or non-compliance with, any of its terms. Licensee may be held legally responsible for any copyright infringement that is caused or encouraged by Licensee's failure to abide by the terms of this license.
(1)Department of Environmental Science(DES)
University of Puerto Rico at Río Piedras
P.O. Box 70377
San Juan, PR 00936-8377
Tel. (787) 764 - 0000 (ext. 2867)
(2)International Institute of Tropical Forestry (IITF/ USDA Forest Service)
Jardín Botánico Sur
1201 Calle Ceiba
San Juan, PR 00926-1119